Wednesday, April 2, 2014

More Fun Than $*%

I had planned to do a different Insecure Writer's Support Group blog post this month since I missed March. However, I’m in Las Vegas on a spur of the moment family vacation.




While on this amazing vacay (Vegas with kids is more fun than WDW-Walt Disney World!), I realized how important it is to find new sources of inspiration to reignite the inner muse. We can’t always take vacations when we’d like, but we can visit a new museum, venture beyond our comfort zone by experimenting at an exotic restaurant or simply checking out a new music artist in an unfamiliar genre.





Sometime this month I challenge you to put down the computer, get out of the house and do something you’ve never done before. Whether you love or hate the experience, hopefully it will open your senses, your mind, heart or soul in a new way.





I’d love to hear your responses on the first Wednesday of May, during the next Insecure Writer’s Support Group post. Thanks to Alex J.Cavanaugh for organizing IWSG.


13 comments:

  1. Love those pics! Glad you're having fun in Vegas. Hopefully in a few years, I can take my son and have a great time. My husband and I were married there, so we really want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Vegas! Beautiful pictures - hope they help you find your Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what awesome photos! Vegas is more fun for adults, that's for sure.
    And sometime this month, I will definitely be stepping away from my computer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. Sounds like you're having fun. Taking breaks is absolutely critical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only driven through Vegas. For some reason I have no interest in spending any of my money there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Vegas is not for me. I haven't been there, but I don't like chaos, especially chaos filled with lots of people and noise. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spur of the moment! Good for the soul-gorgeous photos!
    I agree it is good to go experience something new~

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many places in my local area that I haven't visited for a long time - you're right, we do tend to stick with what we know. It's good to venture a little further afield.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, your blog header is beautiful! Second, it's so true. We need to be out there continuing to experience life or all our inspiration will dry up. I'm so glad you were able to get out and enjoy a vacation with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful photos! We haven't been to Vegas in over ten years, and I would love to go back. It is important to step outside your comfort zone, and it's a good message for our children. Glad you're having fun with your family!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, while you were looking at a fake Eiffel Tower in Vegas I was looking at one at Epcot! I'll bet Vegas is a blast with kids. Our goal at Disney World this time was to experience things we'd never done there before (like mother/daugher (temporary) tattoos) - and it was totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures. Looks like fun. I have always wanted to go to Los Vegas. Have a safe trip and return. Happy Writing,

    Juneta at Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete

  13. I do not even understand how I finished up right here, however I thought this publish was good. I don’t realize who you are but definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger for those who aren’t already Cheers!
    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete