Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Letting It Show

When Alex J. Cavanaugh started the Insecure Writer's Support Group two years ago, I thought it was a brilliant idea and I still do. At the time, I was living in England. I’d set aside time from 1130 to 1pm to directly respond to each commenter on my blog and to visit as many other blogging authors as possible. Since everyone else was just putting up their post as England is five hours ahead, it was a fantastic system where I felt like I was on top of everything.

My system is far more erratic today. I don’t visit nearly as many buddies as I’d like. However, my enthusiasm over being a member of this group and my love of writing has only grown. So on the two year anniversary of the start of the IWSG, I'm letting my immense gratitude and a little something else show.

I released my first book, Kindred of the Fallen, with all of my friends in the cyber world cheering me on back in January. I’m thrilled to share the cover of the sequel, Protector of the Flame.



Thank you for the support, kindness and generosity you’ve shown me over the last two years.

My next paranormal romance releases October 22. If any blogger buddy, new or old, would be interested in hosting me on their site Oct 21 - Nov 22, I’d greatly appreciate it. It could be something as simple as a shout-out on release day or more in-depth like an interview or guest post. Just send me an email saying you’ll squeeze me in: isis@isisrushdan.com.

Thank you and don’t forget to let me know what you think of the cover.


25 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your book release! You have certainly overcome your writing insecurities. I'm still revising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Isis,
    Thanks for dropping by and congratulations on your upcoming release. Way to go, girl! I'll be glad to help. Emailing you soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary of the IWSG and congrats on a beautiful cover! If I'm blogging during those weeks, I'll definitely try and give you a shout out for the release! (making a note now). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is gorgeous!Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hosting a promotional event in November http://mpaxauthor.com/realmsfaire/

    I have my new space opera coming out in October. If you're interested in trading shoutouts or posts, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Isis!!! The cover looks awesome. You know I'm willing to help you.
    And with so many IWSG members now, I know I don't have a handle on it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your second book. The cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cover!!

    You know you are welcome at my blog . Let me know what I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cover!!

    You know you are welcome at my blog . Let me know what I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cover. Good luck with the release.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover of Protector of the Flame is stunning. One of the most beautiful I've ever seen. You must be so excited. Hope the release goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover definitely looks romantic and dreamy. It's perfect for the book. Good luck with the release! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I LOVE the cover. The first one is gorgeous too. I'd love to host you at my place & just sent you an e-mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an amazing cover! Congratulations. I don't get to visit as many blogs as I'd like either, but IWSG is a fantastic group. I'm so happy to be a part of this community.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new cover. The first one is great, too.
    Best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cover. Congrats! And it does get hard to follow everyone's blog. Awesome you lived in Englad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isis, that is a beautiful cover. I like that she's looking upward. It gives a vibe of optimism and hope.

    Good luck with the preschool thing. I know how nerve-wracking it can be to juggle the different choices out there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cover, congratulations.

    I never visit as many blogs as I want to either - the group is just too successful. But I do try to return visits to my blog... it just sometimes takes a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also have been having trouble visiting as many blogs as I'd like to. Congrats on your fabulous cover!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cover is beautiful. I am having trouble keeping up with things lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the cover is very pretty. I used to feel like I was doing well with visiting and following and commenting back but then I got a job and boy is it hard to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. things change all the time. progress is good! but i blog less these days too...

    your cover is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the cover! Congrats on the book being out soon. I sent you an email about helping for the blog tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

    Obat Kulit Supaya Lebih Bersih Dan Sehat
    Obat Pilek Menahun
    Obat Alami Batu Empedu
    Obat Lupus
    Obat Ginjal Bocor
    Obat Infeksi Lambung
    Penyebab TBC Kelenjar
    Obat Gatal Bibir Vagina
    Cara Menghilangkan Infeksi Jantung
    Obat Penyakit Jantung

    ReplyDelete