Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Strive to be Better


Every day I strive to be better, a better mother, wife, sister, writer, friend.

Every day I also fail, or at least feel like I fail, in one of my designated areas of improvement.

But I don't let it stop me from trying. If I did, that would be the real failure.

Staying motivated, driven to change is not easy. I constantly look for sources of inspiration no matter how trivial or odd.

For this month's IWSG post, I wanted to share my latest source of inspiration. It's a commercial. Immediately after I saw it, I wanted to be healthier. The next morning I did something about it. Just thirty minutes on the elliptical and a little yoga.

Then I returned my mother's phone call, which was overdue by two days. I also edited two chapters.

I'm not saying to expect a miracle from watching this. We all have different motivational triggers. This one happened to work for me.

Whether it pushes your button or not, never stop striving to be better at something.



Thank you Alex for IWSG.

12 comments:

  1. that commercial seriously made me feel good--reminds me to do my exercises today--great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this inspired you. And amen to continuing to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for inspiration to improve, too. They usually come when I least expect them. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved that commercial. It made me want to do yoga as well. But what actually got me off the sofa was a topic on the radio the other day...good workout music! They began reciting songs and I made a list then loaded them on my phone. Great walking/jogging music!

    Whatever gets you going, right!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful message Isis, and I really liked the commercial too. Hopefully, this will motivate me to exercise more.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something just clicks in our head when we decide to do something with that motivation.
    It pushes my buttons, but not to do yoga. (Wait, did I say that out loud?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to start yoga again. I'm the most inflexible person alive. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Returning my mother's phone calls is one of my most difficult tasks. I love her dearly, but she wants to talk for hours. I'm impressed with your accomplishments after a little incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love yoga, although I don't do it nearly enough and I'm nowhere near as flexible as the lady in the commercial. I think it's great you found your motivation in the commercial. Thanks for sharing such an inspirational post.

    ReplyDelete