Wednesday, March 6, 2013

From Scattered to Serene





As a mom of an active infant, who'd rather play than sleep, my life is always oftentimes a bit crazy.




Factor in that my husband is deployed, virtually making me a single parent, and "a bit crazy" becomes:


Every day things are so scattered, especially my thoughts, that writing is like mission impossible.



Deep down I know I'll get into the zone again, but the real question is WHEN.

My editor has given me a deadline for revisions of Kindred book two along with the hefty task of slashing 10,000 words. Yes, I write long. The deadline for book three is approaching. And I'm terrified I won't get it all done.

Terror of course only amplifies the chaotic energy swirling inside my head.



Fortunately, my husband came home for a long visit (mid-tour down time) and brilliantly suggested a family vacation.

He is my best friend, my confidante, my hero, the sun to balance my moon. Thanks to him, I've gone from scattered to serene, and hopefully several steps closer to getting back into the zone.



Thank you Alex for IWSG.

 
What terrifies or uplifts you this month?


 

9 comments:

  1. Right, now what terrifies me is watching my hubby go through chemo. Everything else....well, it'll wait.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    I'm confident that you'll meet your deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got to take a little time to de-stress. That's got to be tough when your husband is deployed. Hopefully that little one will start taking looooong naps so you can get your writing done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on things. Though life is hard, there's a positive vibe here. And the unexpected can be good.

    We can do this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vacations can be wonderful things, I hope it de-stresses you so you feel ready to take on the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just needed to find your peace again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting away for a vacation is the BEST way to reset yourself. Good. I'm so happy you and the hubs had this chance to relax and enjoy each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working under a deadline can be a pretty daunting task. Glad things are back on track. Visiting from the IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mission impossible picture. I put myself under a deadline by deciding to use my historical fiction (which is just a first draft) for a research project for college. On the up side, I'm knocking out the research and making all the decisions that I need for the second draft. I've been writing paragraphs in the margins of historical books and on my calendar, on the map I drew of the town. :)

    ReplyDelete