Friday, February 1, 2013

Great, Good or Downright Cheesy?

Most authors are not lucky enough to have their publisher make a book trailer for them like my blogger buddy, Alex J. Cavanaugh.

A trailer can be an awesome advertising tool if done right and given exposure. However, I had no idea how to get started and no moolah to pay for one.

Then I won the lottery. At least that's what it felt like when my "fantabulous" friend and author, Brinda Berry, offered to do a trailer for me. Why? Well, I already told you, she's fantabulous.

Go to Brinda's blog and check out the book trailer for my paranormal romance, Kindred of the Fallen. Let me know if you think it's great (fingers crossed it'll make you want to buy the book if PNR is your cup of tea), good (piqued your interest enough to learn more before buying it) or downright cheesy (after laughing until your belly ached or cringing, you can't even remember the title).

Do you think book trailers can have an impact on sales? Has a book trailer ever enticed you to buy a book?

 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

15 comments:

  1. A book trailer once convinced me to read a book I was already reading. Hehehe.

    It looked AWESOME and sounded kind of familiar so I sat through the trailer waiting patiently for the title, and then I realise the book was sat two feet away from me with a bookmark in it.

    To be fair on the book, I read too many books at once sometimes and I'm only like two pages in.

    <3

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome!!! Brinda did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Isis. I'm going over to check out the trailer. Hope you and the family are well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going over...as for sales...I don't know really. I don't have the cash to pay for one either.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was definitely meh about the thirteen in the series of Wheel of Time books until I saw the trailer for Towers of Midnight. Bought and very happy I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I love the special effects and the music. And explosive sex that will --what was it? -- shatter bullet proof glass? Priceless. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is incredible! Congrats...I'm off to Amazon now ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, an opportunity like that shouldn't be passed by.

    I think trailers are a great opportunity / tool for marketing, and yes I get hooked on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the book trailer. Definitely piqued my interest FOR SURE. So, absolutely NOT cheesy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You didn't like The Great Gatsby? That makes me curious about what classic American books you might have enjoyed. Are there any you disliked when you were assigned them in school and then changed your mind about? Or any you liked as a younger reader that you now feel differently about? The American classics I don't like are Catcher in the Rye (so much whining!) and On The Road (so much misogyny!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen a few book trailers that I liked. The cover itself tends to be what primarily draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love book trailers! I even post about them the first Friday of each month.

    A trailer hasn't made me buy a book yet, but it had made me re-read some and pick up others. In the end it's the words on the page that make me shell out the $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the header of your blog.

    ReplyDelete