Friday, January 11, 2013

You Decide & More


Today I need a little help. My editor emailed me saying I have to change the title of Kindred Book 2 because there is already another book coming out with the same title. Oye!

Coming up with a "reel 'em in" title is not my strength. The second book picks up exactly where the first book ends. I can't give anything away because I don't want to spoil the first one for readers. Let's just say things are about to get very ugly for Serenity and Cyrus.

Originally, book 2 was titled Keeper of the Flame. It's a reference to the Egyptian Goddess Sekhmet. The goddess protected the good and annihilated the wicked.

Flame is also used by Kindred in reference to one's life. Based on the way things unfold for Serenity and Cyrus, it was an apt title.

So, I've decided to let you all help me decide. Below are some contender replacement titles.
 
Vote for one in the comments section or even suggest a new one. If I pick a new one recommended by a commenter, that person will receive a shout-out on Facebook, Twitter, my blog of course, and a huge thank you in the acknowledgement section of the book.

A. Curse of the Blessed

B. Lady of Flame

C. Guardian of the Flame

D. Leave a suggestion in the comments.
 

I sent out my first newsletter this morning. I offerred 3 e-ARCs to the first three people who requested one. Within less than an hour, I had about ten mails asking for one.

The lucky winners are:

Celina K., Holly, & Isabelle F.
 

So what should be the title of Kindred Book 2?
 
You Decide!

24 comments:

  1. I vote for C, as it retains the feel of the original title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C sounds okay and my choice of the three listed. Not sure if this works, but how about "Protecting the Flame"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur, C sounds most appropriate but Stacy made a good suggestion, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. So far, C is in the lead. Protecting the Flame would fit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C is my favorite too i though of Protector of The Flame / The Flame's Protector

    ( protecting the Flame sound good too)

    i'm so happy thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm terrible with titles too. But let me just complicate things and say I like A) Curse of the Blessed. It just sounds like a follow up to the first love story, like now they're in danger AGAIN. Which is what we want from our lovers in paranormal romances, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about these suggestions?

    - Flame Guardian: Lady of the Curse
    - Lady of the Curse
    - The Cursed Flame
    - The Blessed Flame

    Good luck with the title!

    Zara
    zgarcia(dot)alvarez(at)gmail(dot)com


    ReplyDelete
  8. Titles are the bane of my existence. I like both A and C. The second one doesn't have the same cadence to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of them are great titles but I would choose C. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does Curse of the Flame work? Otherwise, I vote for C as well. Good luck, Isis@

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like C. Or you could turn your orignal one around and make it The Flamekeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like A and C. Sorry you had to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of the ones you listed, I much prefer Guardian of the Flame. It follows the format and has the same number of beats as the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Guardian of the Flame sounds best, it goes well with Kindred of the Fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Out of the choices, I'd go with Guardian of the Flame. I'm so terrible with titles. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Titles are not my forte, but I like A and C

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Guardian of the Flame (just like so many who've commented before me).

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a shame you have to change it. I like Guardian of the Flame, although I also like M Pax's suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to give one thing back and help others like you helped me.
    My web site number

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm very happy to discover this page. I wanted to thank you for your time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every bit of it and I have you book marked to see new information on your site.

    My web blog ... translunar

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know I like option C but I also like "The Blessed Curse." Since things are going to get more rocky between Serenity and Cyrus and the fact that they are "The Blessed Ones" I think this title is suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete