Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hot Crush, Awful Confession & More


Blogging consistently has always been an effort for me, but I’ve decided to faithfully post one day a week for the rest of 2013.

Please refrain from making any jokes about the best laid plans. One day a week is possible. Really it is. Right?

Monday Mashup

Hot Crush:

 

I first noticed Tom Hardy in Layer Cake. Granted I paid more attention to Daniel Craig in that 2004 movie. In the TV version of Wuthering Heights, TH reminded me why Heathcliff is my absolute favorite antihero.
 
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling."
 

He continued to show his acting chops in Inception, but also showed far more (to my delight) in Warrior.


I had no idea he was the villain, Bane, in Dark Knight Rises, until the scene where there is a close-up of his eyes and he sheds a tear. He never ceases to blow me away with his hot body ability to reinvent himself.

 

 Upcoming Movies:

Just when I thought we didn’t need another Superman movie, I’m excited this version might be one my son will enjoy when he’s old enough to watch it.


 

I have a confession and it’s awful. I didn’t like The Great Gatsby when I read it years ago. Are you done cringing or gasping in horror? Yes, it’s an American Classic. Shame on me.

I rather enjoyed the original movie version. But I think I’ll LUV this new one by Baz Luhrmann. BL’s directorial style is one you either love or hate, there’s usually no in between, and DiCaprio’s intensity in this trailer left me swooning.




In case you missed it, I picked two winners instead of one from my last giveaway.
Congratulations, Maleficent M. and Sarah H!

Do you have any hot crushes? What movie are you looking forward to? Read an American Classic you didn’t fully appreciate?

 

16 comments:

  1. I crush on the chubby from Man versus Food.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot crush? Alex O'Loughlin. While writing my third book, I had a vision of how my hero looked. Then one night I was watching Hawaii Five-O with my husband and yelled out "That's Jack!" I've been hooked on him ever since!

    Don't know about an American Classic, but I recently read "Pride and Prejudice." I do not see how some people could read that book multiple times. I struggled with one. Of course, I only read it because I wanted to read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies." And I did. Only then did I "get" some of the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent goal of posting once a week! I noticed Tom Hardy in that Reese Witherspoon romantic comedy, This Means War and then loved him in Lawless as well. Great choice for a crush :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the classics I didn't care for, including The Great Gatsby.
    I have a huge list of science fiction and superhero movies coming out this year I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hugely looking forward to Star Trek Into Darkness and I loved Tom Hardy in Inception :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Superman movie looks great. I didn't even know about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Gatsby trailer is awesome! And yes you can blog once a week. Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girls style and design will be distinct from young boys.
    "Design Consultants" are permitted to operate when and
    how they please. Once again you'll find many designs and solutions when buying a single of these accessories which includes totally enclosed display cabinets.

    Feel free to visit my blog post: room decor games for girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just like the valuable information you provide in
    your articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and test again right here regularly. I am rather certain I will be informed plenty of new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the next!

    Also visit my web site - Review Of Quantrim

    ReplyDelete
  10. The right lighting fixtures like modern chandeliers can elevate the decor and add a relaxed vibe to the bedroom.
    Decor for bedrooms helps you create a relaxing space in your home.
    Good quality metal beds are also stronger, studier
    and more durable than wooden beds.

    Check out my blog; wedding bedroom decoratio

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will work beautifully for everything from the centerpieces to the table linens to the bride's attire. Create a universal gift registry so you can register for a wide range of monogrammed gifts from different stores. Look for unique vases, bowls--even small photo frames can be cleaned up to hold name place cards at your reception tables.

    Check out my blog post chinese wedding Card design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinecones are absolutely no cost if you gather them by oneself.
    Use Styrofoam balls and glue colorful candies on it.
    You can really go all out and decorate your chairs.

    Here is my web-site - www.ideasforchristmasdecorating.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Garden planters are more than just containers. ' You can arrange the lights in your garden in many ways as garden decor in order to make your garden look more beautiful. Bundle dozens of twigs of the appropriate length, and place them inside.

    Also visit my web site; backyard garden ideas plants

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
    twitter group? There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    My homepage :: ukmediaroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always used to study post in news papers but now as
    I am a user of web therefore from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.


    Also visit my webpage ... quantrim fast track formula

    ReplyDelete