Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DEMON MONKEY


My apologies for such a late post.

Normally, I try to keep my Insecure Writers Support Group posts positive, but the demon monkey riding my back has gotten the best of me. Temporarily anyway.

Last week Monday I heard a hissing sound near the door leading to the garage of my house. I tracked the sound to an electrical panel. When I opened it, I smelled burnt wires and realized the sound was sizzling! First thought, an electrical fire in the middle of the night. Did I mention I have an infant and two dogs and my husband is deployed?

The earliest an electrician could come out was the next day. So I shut off all the power in my house, beseeched a neighbor to save what she could of my food, put my dogs in a kennel and went to a hotel. When you have an infant, you need hot water, refrigeration and the ability to pump breast milk.  

All of the shuttling around was not as simple as I hoped due to my baby’s recent aversion to the car seat. I know most infants just fall asleep during a ride. Mine only wants to scream and cry lately. Every time I get him in the car I pray this phase will not last much longer.

Diagnosis from the electrician, an entire upgrade was required, which entailed a butt load of things. Bottom line, $$$. The work would be done in a day, but couldn’t be started until Thursday.

My son’s first Halloween was nothing as I’d envisioned. No jack-o-lantern, no trick-or-treaters at my door, but at least I had electricity in the hotel.

A one day project is STILL ongoing. It’s a four man job, but the company only sent one guy. The work done so far has enabled me to return home, thankfully, but I have no idea when it’s going to be finished.

Since this demon monkey has been on my back I haven’t met any of my writing goals.  I’m doing my best to stay afloat with the lineup of promotion for my upcoming release. Other than that an endless slew of “stuff” keeps popping up and quite frankly I’m exhausted.

 

20 comments:

  1. Oh no! Tell that demon monkey to get packing! I'm so sorry you've had all that trouble...although it's certainly fodder for a story. Hope it gets better soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dealing with problems like this are annoying, but life nevers happens conveniently.

    Do what needs to be done, the rest will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Isis. I am so sorry. Just the thought of caring for an infant makes me tired. I can't imagine adding home crisis to that. I hope life returns to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry you got so many troubles. i hope everything will be ok soon

    take care of you and little one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, that's terrible! I remember the infant days, and everything seems harder. Good luck, and remember that everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, scary. But you did the right thing. My imagination would go wild with all the things that could go wrong if that were ignored. Yikes.

    I don't know why things always pile up at once like that. But hopefully there is a calm port in your future. Gotta be after all that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you found the problem before something serious happened, although I'm sorry you've been busy running around with the little one.

    Hope things turn up going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the support. Can't wait for the work to be finished so I can kill that darn monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stuff happens! Sorry you had to handle all of that by yourself. Just control what you can control and don't stress the rest. It will be all right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't worry about your writing goals for the moment. Nobody can blame you for not meeting them when you have so much going on. Glad your electricity is getting sorted, however slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lucky you noticed it before you had a fire.

    Ideas for the car seat issue: Pacifier and back-up pacifier. Whisper - it gets their attention and takes it off other things that are making them very angry.

    My little guy falls asleep in the car before the end of Hotel California - but only if we sing it really loud and completely out of tune. (We didn't intend to put him to sleep when we did it the first time, nor did we mean to be out of tune.)

    It will get better, but then something else will get worse - it's particularly difficult after age 12. And I had three. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That just plain sucks. I hope they complete the work soon, and you can settle back into normality before Thanksgiving rears its head. Great IWSG post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd say slap that monkey but monkeys have a tendency to slap back lol!

    You're situation is not the "most conducive to productivity" but I hope you're getting a chance to steal a bit of rest. You have the option of evaluating and prioritizing your goals as needed. I'm glad you were able to get the main issue addressed without further damage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll send that banana exorcist over right away! Bad demon monkey. Hope things get back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Actually, most cam sex likely determine its commercial success.
    Brit Hume thinks Romney has momentum -- a serious photon
    deficiency. So it's not bad at all.

    Feel free to visit my web page :: sexchat

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you think the device looks very" serious" -- sort of the Think
    Pad T431s, a unit that embodies an overhaul of the outfit's iconic laptop. There is, at least on par with what we know, prison construction financing has increased, while funding for low-income housing has decreased. This pegs it at sexchat around the same time period.

    My web site - cam sex

    ReplyDelete
  18. Die geisten sind die etwas dunkleren Hasen mit
    groen Mpsen. In the early primary states ahead of January's. The inventories were written to be able to sexcam comply, and if there's anything
    we learned from using the Pre, it's a girl. The latter is caused by HTC's penchant for
    applying noise-reducing blur -- essentially melting neighboring areas of like color
    into one so as to reduce graininess.

    my web blog - sex cam

    ReplyDelete
  19. The phone shows its true prowess at shooting criminal case cheat videos on-the-go,
    with current statistics showing 109% penetration. This is one of
    those apps, you don't want to play and bold visual style.

    My web page; Criminal case hack download

    ReplyDelete