Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest

When I learned about this awesome blogfest on Alex J. Cavanaugh's site (he's hosting along with the lovely Ciara Knight), two books immediately came to mind.


Yes, two. I hope that's not cheating even if I am bending the rules a smidge.

What are the rules?

1)You can’t post about your own book.
 
2)The book shouldn’t be on the New York Times or USA Today bestseller list.
 
This is a great opportunity to show some love for a book others might not know about.
 
 
 
 
 
INCARNATE: About the only girl who is new in a world where everyone is perpetually reincarnated, and her quest to discover why she was born, and what happened to the person she replaced.
 
 
I was a sucker for this premise and bought it immediately.
 
 
 
 
 
Let the Hunt begin…
 
Blending in with her college co-eds proves difficult for vampire Hunter, Emma Martin, considering the mystical tattoo on her wrist glows whenever Vamps are near. And after three months of silence, the glow is back with a vengeance.

Jake Cunningham witnesses Emma, a violet-eyed beauty, using unimaginable powers to fight off a fanged creature. Finally, after two years of searching, he may have found out what he’s become—a Hunter, like Emma.

Thankful for an ally in the fight against the Vamps, Emma finds hope and comfort in Jake’s arms. As she learns more about her new love’s family and its dark heritage, she may be forced not only to hunt them but to sacrifice her life to save Jake’s soul.


Lynn grabbed my attention with the title, then the cover. The book just released on October 12th and it's already on my Kindle.

If either author finds out about this shout-out, please let me know. I have to report back to one of the hosts as a part of the blogfest.
 

24 comments:

  1. Seeing quite a few Lynn Rush books around today - excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn will be so happy you picked her book!
    Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Iris .. I've seen a couple of Lynn's books around - this is another great cover - I can see your point .. while Jodi's is an amazing cover - love that thought .. both books sound so interesting .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the shout outs! Those covers are gorgeous. I chose mine for the blogfest based on cover as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great cover can really entice a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both books have storylines that capture my attention!
    Having butterfly wings around the eyes is riveting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Isis, I'm a new follower--thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the cover for Incarnate, but I was talking to a YA blogger who designs covers and she told me she wasn't a fan of the font. When I looked closer, I had to agree. What do you think of the font used on the title?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great covers out there! And this one was one of the best, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the new follow, Jennifer. Regarding font, if it is horrible then it usually stands out in glaring way to me immediately. Otherwise I pay little attention to it. The font on Incarnate didn't bother me and it didn't bother you either until someone had a reason for disliking it that made you take a second look.

    When I had to fill out the cover art form for my book, I did list examples of fonts that I liked and hated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Isis -I've seen Lynn's book on the blogfest a couple of times so there can't be a better recommendation! It's a super cover and makes me want to read it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure Lynn will be thrilled that you featured her book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great covers on both books. Reincarnation is a paranormal quirk I don't see in many books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the sound of Jodi's book. Interesting mystery attached.

    I've seen Lynn's book already a couple of times this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Isis-- I don't know if I've congratulated you on the new addition to your family yet! Best wishes on that.

    As for the book, I'm a sucker for a good vampire hunter story. This book is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are enjoying the new addition to your family. Great picks. I love the butterfly cover. It is SO intriguing. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh. THANKS!!!! CMP did a GREAT job on that cover, didn't they? thanks for having Violet Midnight on your blog post today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, I love the premise for Incarnate, too! Someone else had Lynn's book as their pick, too. Sounds good, and that cover is wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incarnate definitely is striking. Violet Midnight is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. P.S. Hope both you and baby are well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Incarnate's making my TBR list. Intriguing concept. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saying hi from the blog hop...I saw another blogger mention Violet Midnight on their blog today. I like both covers!

    ReplyDelete