Monday, September 10, 2012

What's Your Chocolate?

 
Welcome to the What's Your Chocolate Blog Hop.
 
What: Post about your favorite chocolate – what it means to you, where and when you indulge, a favorite memory – anything chocolate-related.

When: Today


Who: Hosted by
M. Pax, Laura Eno, Brinda Berry, and Ciara Knight.
 
 
Some say Belgian chocolate is the finest in the world.
 
I’m inclined to agree.
 
While my husband and I were dating, we took a romantic getaway to Brussels. No, we didn’t fly across the Atlantic. It was just a three hour drive since we were stationed in Europe at the time.
 
Of course we had to take a tour of a chocolate factory. The divine smell… the lip-smacking sight of rich chocolate being turned into art… the smooth feel of a sliver of heaven in the palm of my hand before melting in my mouth… aaah those are just a few of the memories that spring to mind.
 
The young lady who rang up our very large purchase gave us a dinner recommendation. That night we feasted on the most decadent dessert which blew our minds. A warm chocolate soufflé filled with fudgey bliss and on the side, the creamiest homemade pistachio ice cream.
I can’t remember the restaurant or what I had for dinner. Mussels maybe? But that molten chocolate cake with ice cream made us both believers in true love, soul mates, and that the right dessert could combat any evil in the world.
 
Thank you ladies for such a yummy blog hop!
 
So tell me, what's your chocolate?


37 comments:

  1. That's cool you got to tour the factory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally agree, Belgian chocolate really is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do you think that Belgian chocolate could do the trick and convert a non-choccie fanatic like me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly - My favorite at Godiva are the praline oyster shells. Ooooh, so good!

    Kyra - Isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you, the right dessert does relieve us from all evil, at least for a few blissful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle - While I was pregnant I couldn't stand chocolate. Not even Belgian was going to change that, lol.

    Janna - So true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I want to taste that dessert. Sounds divine. Thanks for joining in the bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if I went to a chocolate factory, I would never leave! That dessert sounds amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mouth is watering! I've never had a souffle before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, yes, as Holland is for tulips, Brussels is for chocolate!
    Catherine Stine’s Idea City

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolate can certainly solve a lot of the world's problems. Or at least mine. What a great trip and dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! Warm chocolate cake is delicious! I'm so hungry now. Thanks for joining the blogfest!

    Laura Eno

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds gorgeous, I haven't really had much experience with belgian chocolate, I need to try it properly one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds heavenly...and now I want to see if I could replicate it in my kitchen. I've always wanted to master the soufflé...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read another blog post on this blog hop about how great Belgian chocolate is. That sounded like a wonderful souffle you had.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! Your powers of description of that decadent dessert had me drooling, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only chocolates I don't like are fruit cream filled ones and alcohol filled ones. Otherwise, love me some chocolate, especially Belgian chocolate.

    BTW, this blog fest is killing me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belgium chocolate is very good... agree. I love mine filled with nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know that I've ever had Belgian chocolate. I need to investigate this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My new favorite chocolate is the one you just described. I'm salivating.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Um, wow - that dessert sounds AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good grief. I'm going to gain weight just reading this blog.

    Years (decades) ago my hubby's work took him back and forth to Switzerland. Oh, the chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Used to buy Belgian chocolate at the Marks and Spencer store in Vancouver. That dessert sound decadent,and very elegant.

    New follower, nice to meet you. My choice is always Dark chocolate, preferably with nuts. I don't need much.



    ReplyDelete
  24. A tour of a chocolate factory sounds awesome - very Willy Wonka.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That sounds like an awesome dessert place . . .forget the dinner! Chocolate that saves the world . . . it sounds like a fun story to write.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yes, Belgium chocolate are divine! How cool you got to tour a chocolate factory.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The tour of the factory was awesome. Eating those chocolate bits of heaven was even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have to say, Belgium does have the best chocolates. It's almost worth a flight over to indulge! Lucky for you it was a short drive away.

    ReplyDelete
  29. As you know, I don't like chocolate, but I can definitely appreciate your experience! :3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Belgian chocolates of course !!
    greetings from BRUSSELS

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love English chocolates - Ritter Sport bars are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I believe I've had Belgian chocolate. I'd like to try it again since my memory is foggy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ritter is awesome also. I had a lot in Germany and England :).

    ReplyDelete